- The second wave of Covid-19 claimed a total of 367,097 lives in India out of which 64% were men and 40% were aged somewhere between 21-40, being the only earning members.
- A huge number of women lost their spouses and have been left completely traumatized and paralyzed with helplessness not just emotionally, or mentally, but also financially.
- 47% of the earning women also lost their jobs due to the pandemic.
We at Sewa International believe that these women, with a little push, can be empowered to stand on their own two feet and start a new life. Through our program SHE-CAF, specifically launched for helping Covid affected families, we hope to identify these women and rehabilitate them by providing certified Livelihood Skill training courses, Counselling sessions and Job Placements, along with overlooking the entire process till the very end.
A total of 3000 beneficiaries will be identified for the Phase 1 of SHE-CAF program.
The objective of the project is to create livelihood opportunities for COVID-impacted women through skill development training. This includes:
- Market demand driven livelihood courses such as: Stitching, tailoring & hand embroidery, Beauty and wellness, Computer training, Skill development training to hone local regional skills.
- Life-skills workshops on multiple aspects along the lines of social, personality and career orientation to build confidence in women from economically weaker & vulnerable families.Workshops on personality development and mental wellness for the women will be included in the traning.
- Supporting women through career counselling and referrals and training women for interviews and job placements.
The duration of the below offered courses is 3-6 months.
- Tailoring - Stitching, Sewing & embroidery
- Beauty and Wellness
- Computer Training for Office Management
- Honing existing skills of women (complimentary training to utilize their existing skills and become self-employed)
Long Term Impact
With initiatives like SHE-CAF, we want to create awareness and ripples across society to empower women who underwent major losses and are ready to take control of their lives and inspire more people around them to do the same.
Our goal is to bring down the rising levels of poverty and unemployment that have occurred because of Covid-19.